11 Months
A couple of days ago the twins turned 11 months! It's crazy to think that one more month they will be a year old already! They've changed so much in the past 11 months and it's hard to remember them as babies now. I can't picture them being only 5 pounds, and at one point like 4 1/2. They are so big now, and so healthy, you never would have known they were almost 6 weeks early and so tiny!
Here's some of the new things they've been doing and learning this last month:
I thought that Jack would be walking by now, but not quite. He stands really well on his own and can stand up in the middle of the floor, but I've only seen him do it a couple times. He will take a couple steps without holding on to things but usually sits down because he gets scared to do it on his own.
Aniston is getting more balance and doesn't immediately fall down when I stand her up, which is an improvement from a month ago! She's pretty content not to do anything too early.
Both of the babies have gotten some new teeth. Jack has three right now, and Aniston's third tooth just broke through a couple days ago. The will both have their two bottom ones and the top left one. I had to look back at Aaralyn's baby book because I thought she had a lot more than that at this age, and yes, she had 7 by 11 months, and 8 just after a year! Wow, they've got awhile before they have that many!
I think just about daily Jack gets a new bruise! He is so clumsy and hurries to do everything and falls down, and happens to hit something sharp or hard just about everytime, which is weird, because we don't have a lot of things to fall on in our house! He's talented! Either that, or Aaralyn helps to give him new scrapes or bruises... If they're not beating themselves up their sister is, I guess that's how it goes though.

The twins are each other's best friends, truely! A few days ago Aniston just kept crying and I was sitting there with her and didn't know what else to do for her. Jack came up to her and looked at her with this sweet little face, they made eye contact and Jack leaned in and gave her a big open mouth kiss (and she kissed him back)! It was SO sweet!

Then yesterday I think Jack had a tummy ache and cried just about the entire day (I was just about to lose it). I had gotten Aniston out of bed and was rocking her when Jack woke up a few minutes later, so I told Dave to go get him. He carried on for a little bit, so Dave gave him to me and I sat there with both of them. Jack didn't have any clothes on because he had leaked a little in them. I was trying to calm Jack and Aniston was trying to help, so instead of letting her pinchy little fingers get him, I took her hand a gently rubbed his back. Immeadiately he stopped crying! I would stroke his arm or back with her hand and he would calm down, and when I would stop he would start crying again. This continued for several minutes until Aniston was getting too rough. I thought it was so sweet that he just wanted his sister to love on him!

They constantly follow each other around the house and get into things together. Just a minute ago they were pulling my clean clothes out of the laundry basket on the floor. Jack had pulled my bra out and had pulled the straps over his head like a necklace. I should have gotten a picture!
Oh, and the other day they went in the kitchen and pulled out a bunch of stuff from under the sink and made a huge mess. The whole time I thought Dave was with them in the kitchen, and when I went in there for something I found them in their mess! I decided it was time to get rid of all the stuff under the sink after that, along with all the stuff in my bathroom cupboard that they pull out daily! That stuff wasn't harmful though, just lotions and makeup and hair stuff.
Jack has had the worst diaper rash of his life this month! He constantly has had diahrrea this month, I think because of his teething because they haven't been eating anything new. I feel so bad for him! I think it's finally going away. For awhile he would scream everytime he went because it would touch his sore skin and probably just burn! Poor boy!
Jack got his second haircut last night. I can't believe how fast his hair grows! I bet it would be longer than Ani's if we didn't cut it!
Aniston's hair is now long enough that I can blow it dry with a little round brush and flip it out. I also put a little pony on the top. It's funny because it has naturally grown in an a-line hair cut. I think it's cute! She just loves to pull the bows out!
Aniston's favorite thing is to make noises with her tongue. She always has her tongue sticking out! She constantly tries to mimic noises and sometimes you swear she's saying things!
This morning I got the babies out of bed and Jack was so happy and wanted to say good morning to Aniston before I pulled her out of her crib, so I put him in her crib for a second and said "Love You Sister," as if he was saying it, and he copied me. It sounded just like he said, "Love You!"
Jack does the cutest wave! The other day in church he saw the choister leading the song and he started waving to her! He sticks his arm out as far as he can reach and then just bends his wrist. It's so cute!
The babies went camping for the first time this month, that was sort of successful...
They also went swimming for the first time this month, or was that last month... I don't know.
I think that's about enough for now! I'm going to blink and they'll be a year old already!

4 comments:
It's so fun to read all these cute things the twins do. They are just growing up too fast! They and Aaralyn are just adorable children.
I can't believe they're so old already! Sounds like you have quite a handful! :)
I can't believe they'll be one next month! Time goes by so fast! I love the picture of them in the swing - so cute!
Wow. How time goes by! The pictures are adorable. They are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment