Saturday, May 31, 2008

36 weeks?!

Yesterday at my ob apt my doctor was saying how great it was that I made it to 30 weeks and how amazed he was that I got this far, then he went on to say that I just have to get to 36 weeks now! I would love for my babies to be able to go that long, but on the other hand I just can't help but think of how miserable I would be!

It's weird how I am growing at this point. Once again I had a week where I didn't gain a pound (actually I think I lost a few ounces from my last weigh in, but I don't know how), but I went from measuring 35 weeks last week to 37 this week! How? This is why I say I don't know how I could make it to 36 weeks! How big would I be measuring then? If I am about 7 weeks ahead now, then at 36 I would be measuring 43 weeks! Ahh! I would like my skin to still be attached to me after these babies come! I have been so happy that I haven't gotten any stretch marks yet, and I would like to keep it that way! I hope to make it to at least 34 weeks, but at this point I can't guarantee that I will WANT to go any further after that! I know, I am being selfish, but I don't love being so uncomfortable!

8 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

And... you remember that I want to take pictures ASAP after they are born. Within a couple of days if possible. After that it gets difficult. I need them to be sleepy! LOL...

Chris and Jenna said...

I was measuring 41 weeks when I delivered my boys at 36 weeks. It's crazy that your skin can actually stretch that much. Have you ever heard of Strivectin? It's a little pricey, but it seriously gets rid of stretch marks if you get any. The stuff is amazing!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Just try to keep them in as long as possible...you want to take those babies home with you and not visit them in the NICU all day every day for a month. You'd be even more misserable then!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

good luck with the stretch marks... i didn't get any till the last few weeks. i made it to 37 1/2 weeks......but it was worth it to have 2 healthy babies that didn't have to be in the nicu.

Danette said...

enough talk, i want to see pictures of your growing belly. by the way...I'll be venturing up to utah mid-July, so i'll be able to see your little ones!

Erin said...

I want to do both, maternity and twin ones!!! We should do the maternity soon, who knows when they will get here!

Clenece said...

We dont wan't you to be uncomfortable, but it will be worth it if those babies come out healthly and don't stay in the NICU at all or very long! Best of luck to you and the babies!
In your comments here you seem to have a couple of friends who have gone through delivering twins. It must me nice to know of people who have gone through what you are going through now...it does end!

Deedra said...

I'm sure you are still tiny! You never saw how huge I got with one. Seriously, that last profile pic you posted showed how small you really are! You carry babies very well. Pregnancy doesn't look so good on me. :)