Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Babies at 30 weeks

I had another ultrasound yesterday and the babies were looking great! The girl was measuring at 3 pounds 5 oz and the boy was measuring approximately 3 pounds 1 oz. I say approximately because she couldn't get a perfectly accurate measurement of his head because he is so far down that she kinda had to guess. They have both been pretty much the same weight and measuring within a couple ounces of each other the whole time, so it's probably pretty close.

One great thing I learned from the u/s is that they are getting into position! This whole time they both have been transverse, making me think that I wouldn't have any options, but a c-section, but they moved since the last time. It's weird because last Friday at my ob appointment they were in the same position as always, the girl sideways along the top (head on the right), and the boy has been transverse along the bottom with his head down, body to the right. Well, I think they moved just two days ago, because they are all opposite now. The boy is now head down, vertex, with his body on the left side and the girl flipped too, with her head on the left, but body still transverse. I knew something felt different because I can feel a lump right under my ribs on the left, where there wasn't anything before. I don't know how they possibly moved so much without me knowing exactly when it happened. Two days ago, though, I had major contractions and back pain all day, so maybe they moved then sometime and I just thought it was a contraction. Anyway, I have been hoping that I would get a chance at having them vaginally, and it looks like they are making that possible now! Please just stay in the same spot now you two!!!

Also, I got another cervical measurement. It's not looking to good for that part! My last measurement was 1.1 cm and that was about 3 weeks ago, well, now it's down to .7 cm. The doctor just kept saying, "You have no leeway." So I guess if I start going into labor that might just be it... they probably wouldn't be able to stop me because there won't be anything to hold them in there! I'm not dilating yet, so that's good. I still hope to go another 4 weeks, so wish me luck!

7 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I am so glad your little ones are doing so great. I hope you can make it to 34 weeks! We had an ultrasound on Friday and our little one was measuring 4 lbs 13 oz already (I'm just barely 33 weeks). I was a bit surprised that he was already that big.

Are you wanting to deliver vaginally if they babies cooperate?!?

Staci said...

I am glad everything is going well. Take it as easy as you can the next few weeks. I thnk you can make it!

Danette said...

Good luck!! Keep those babies in as long as possible!!

Deedra said...

Hang in there! You're getting so close!!

Brittani Terry said...

Just take it easy!!! As for me....I will keep walking and doing what I can so I can get my little girl out!!! I really don't want to go past my due date!!!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Yeah! You are doing so well with this pregnancy. I am glad you are able to keep them in this long. The longer they stay in there the better off they will be. Lots of luck!

Mariesa M. said...

Yay for good news! I hope you can make it 4 more weeks! I think you need to post an updated belly picture.